Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/20/d268022878/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 988

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/20/d268022878/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 988
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
FAROO Forum • View topic - Used memory limitation

Used memory limitation

Your wishes and suggestions for the next version

Used memory limitation

Postby TomHH » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:29 pm

Faroo hung up due to excessive use of memory on different computers.
Would it be possible to include an option to limit the amount of memory used by Faroo?
TomHH

Re: Used memory limitation

Postby Wolf » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:06 pm

TomHH wrote:Faroo hung up due to excessive use of memory on different computers.
Would it be possible to include an option to limit the amount of memory used by Faroo?

Well, some of our peers running for months, being all the time below 20 MByte.
If there is excessive use of memory, I would guess there is some memory leak under certain circumstances.
We should rather fix the leak than just limit the memory ;-)
What Windows version you are using, and which of the crawler options are enabled?
Wolf
Site Admin

Re: Used memory limitation

Postby TomHH » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:16 pm

Wolf wrote:Well, some of our peers running for months, being all the time below 20 MByte.
If there is excessive use of memory, I would guess there is some memory leak under certain circumstances.
We should rather fix the leak than just limit the memory ;-)
What Windows version you are using, and which of the crawler options are enabled?

I completely agree to fix any possible memory leak. :-)
The systems where the lock up was obsorved are using Windows XP Pro 32bit, SP3, 2 GB RAM.
Active and passive crawling was enabled on both systems.

Btw: On my other system, running on Windows 7 Pro, 64bit, 4GB RAM where I faced the problem with the possible loss of indexed words (see http://forum.faroo.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52) Faroo uses ~20MB RAM, but requires ~1GB virtual memory (3.0.1018.28549 beta).
TomHH

Return to Ideas