Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/20/d268022878/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 988

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/20/d268022878/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 988
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
FAROO Forum • View topic - # words indexed decreased after blue screen

# words indexed decreased after blue screen

Bug reports

# words indexed decreased after blue screen

Postby TomHH » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:37 am

After a blue screen and subsequent reboot the number of words indexed dropped from ~220k to ~9k. A rescan of the index db raised the number to ~88k. However, this is still much below the original number.
Are these 132k words lost for the p2p network?

I am currently using version 3.0.1018.28549 beta and started with 3.0.1016.*
TomHH

Re: # words indexed decreased after blue screen

Postby Wolf » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:15 pm

TomHH wrote:After a blue screen and subsequent reboot the number of words indexed dropped from ~220k to ~9k. A rescan of the index db raised the number to ~88k. However, this is still much below the original number.
Are these 132k words lost for the p2p network?

No, they are not lost as every word is stored to several peers for redundancy.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback, we will look closer into the issue.
Wolf
Site Admin

Postby TomHH » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:17 am

Wolf wrote:No, they are not lost as every word is stored to several peers for redundancy.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback, we will look closer into the issue.

I suppose that I have a problem in my local database.
Everytime I start the application, faroo starts with 0 Words indexed. A rescan of the database always gives me exactly the same number (same as in my first post in this topic: 85.587).
The file size of the local database is unchanged since my observation period of at least 14 days.
I am considering suspending faroo until this problem is solved to avoid receiving information and store it to nirvana.

Is there an option to repair the index file?
TomHH

Postby Wolf » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:50 pm

TomHH wrote:

I suppose that I have a problem in my local database.
Everytime I start the application, faroo starts with 0 Words indexed. A rescan of the database always gives me exactly the same number (same as in my first post in this topic: 85.587).
The file size of the local database is unchanged since my observation period of at least 14 days.
I am considering suspending faroo until this problem is solved to avoid receiving information and store it to nirvana.

Is there an option to repair the index file?

We can try to fix the problem by removing the possibly corrupted database.
Actually you should rename it, then it would be still available for a later analysis of the specific problem:

• Close FAROO
  • Go to C:\Users\{USER}\AppData\Local\FAROO and rename index.db to index.old (keep it for debugging purposes).
  • Restart FAROO. A new, empty data base will be created automatically.
If you feel comfortable with sending the corrupted index.db file and your peer id to support@faroo.com we could further analyze the problem.

Please let me know if the problem has been fixed, and the number of words indexed als well as the file size of index.db is now growing continuously.

Additionaly, please make sure in Options / Ressources / Contributed Disk space the value of "Left" is > 0.
Wolf
Site Admin

Postby TomHH » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:48 pm

Wolf wrote:We can try to fix the problem by removing the possibly corrupted database.
Actually you should rename it, then it would be still available for a later analysis of the specific problem:

• Close FAROO
  • Go to C:\Users\{USER}\AppData\Local\FAROO and rename index.db to index.old (keep it for debugging purposes).
  • Restart FAROO. A new, empty data base will be created automatically.
If you feel comfortable with sending the corrupted index.db file and your peer id to support@faroo.com we could further analyze the problem.

Please let me know if the problem has been fixed, and the number of words indexed als well as the file size of index.db is now growing continuously.

Additionaly, please make sure in Options / Ressources / Contributed Disk space the value of "Left" is > 0.

After removal of the index.db (renamed as suggested) the number of words indexed continually grows. I tried several combinations of restart and rescan of index-file without any problem.
TomHH

Postby TomHH » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:34 am

Another problem with the database.
- no changes are written to the database - neither is the crawler queue updated nor is new information stored to the database
- a rescan of the database always results in "Words indexed: 0"

Faroo 3.0.1021.24266 beta
Windows 7 pro, 64bit
.NET 2.0.50727.4952
TomHH

Return to Bugs