Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/20/d268022878/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 988

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /homepages/20/d268022878/htdocs/forum/viewtopic.php on line 988
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
FAROO Forum • View topic - Estimated Release date?

Estimated Release date?

Get involved

Estimated Release date?

Postby Overmind » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:38 pm

I all.
I'm very enthusiast about this project. There is any estimated date for an official release? Have you already found any partners/sponsors for the revenue sharing system?
I'm looking forward to being part of the project
Thanks in advance.
Overmind

Re: Estimated Release date?

Postby Wolf » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:56 pm

Hi Overmind, welcome!

There is no fixed date for the release of a final version yet.
We will leave the beta stage as soon as we are competetive in terms of response time, number and quality of results.
During the next months we will focus on increasing the user number and the index size. We expect a final version within 2009.

Before turning to monetization and revenue sharing, we first need to further improve the search and increase the user base.
Wolf
Site Admin

Postby Overmind » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:41 pm

Any news?
Overmind

Postby Wolf » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:51 am

Overmind wrote:Any news?

Of course ;-) We just reached 1.5 million peers, surpassing the datacenter server count of incumbent search engines http://bit.ly/aAObKu
Currently we are fundamentally changing the underlying p2p protocoll and database for tenfold speed. Release of new version will be next month.
Wolf
Site Admin

Postby Overmind » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:34 am

It's a pity, but to me this project seems dead. No news at all and even this forum have no users. :?
This is a surprise for me. I believe Faroo could be a huge innovation.

May I ask how many daily unique users are using the desktop app right now?
I hope to see some life from the community.
Overmind

Postby Wolf » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:45 am

Relax, the project is alive and progressing. We have now 2.5 million peers. The number of peers which are concurrently online at a specific time you can see in the P2P app (in Options/Peers).
Additionally we released a new iPhone / iPad App, and redesigned the Real-time search and our homepage. There will be a big update to the iOS app soon.
Currently we are completely rewriting the P2P client for improved stability, much better ranking and more efficient crawling.
Most of our users are from China, where we did not use the FAROO brand in the past. That's why user numbers do not reflect in this forum.
Wolf
Site Admin

Postby auser » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi Wolf,
are you sure that the P2P part isn't dead? Very long time no updates and since July no more traffic!

Wolf wrote:Relax, the project is alive and progressing. We have now 2.5 million peers. The number of peers which are concurrently online at a specific time you can see in the P2P app (in Options/Peers).
Additionally we released a new iPhone / iPad App, and redesigned the Real-time search and our homepage. There will be a big update to the iOS app soon.
Currently we are completely rewriting the P2P client for improved stability, much better ranking and more efficient crawling.
Most of our users are from China, where we did not use the FAROO brand in the past. That's why user numbers do not reflect in this forum.
auser

Postby Wolf » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:45 am

Currently we are experiencing problems with our seed peers behind the "Great Firewall of China".
We are now moving everything to Europe, should be up and running till end of this week.
Wolf
Site Admin

Return to Participation